|Bandobras "Bullroarer" Took|
|Fate||Died in TA 2806 but was remembered by Gandalf for his legend.|
Bandobras gained fame for leading the Hobbits at the Battle of Greenfields in TA 2747 when Goblins from Mount Gram in the Misty Mountains invaded the Northfarthing. During the battle, Bandobras charged through the goblin armies and with his wooden club he knocked the goblin chieftain Golfimbul's head clean off, and sended it sailing a hundred yards through the air and down a rabbit-hole, thus led the Hobbits' victory of the battle and the invention of the game of Golf at the same time.
Death and legacyEditBandobras died in TA 2806 at the age of 102, but his deed at the Battle of Greenfields became legend, and a portrait of him was hung at Bag End. In TA 2941, when Gandalf was trying to convince his descendant Bilbo of his Tookishness, he talked about Bandobras and his victory at the Battle of Greenfields, but Bilbo qualified this by suggesting that it was nothing more but an embellishment.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Bandobras' portrait was based on Dan Hennah, the set decorator for the film trilogy.
- In the official movie guide of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Bandobras was confused to be the Old Took.
- In the consoles versions of LEGO The Hobbit: The Video Game, Bandobras' portrait showed him with a golf club about to hit Golfimbul's head. He also appeared in the PS3, PS4, and Xbox One versions of LEGO The Hobbit: The Video Game as a DLC character for the Big Little Character Pack.
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Appears on a portrait)
- LEGO The Hobbit: The Video Game (First appearance) (DLC pack only)
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles: Art and Design (Appears on a portrait)
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: Visual Companion (Mentioned only)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Official Movie Guide (Appears on a portrait) (As 'Old Took')